And another big SHOUTOUT from here in Australia my lovely sewing friends- and welcome to Part 2 of the amazing Shardee Wrap Top and Dress Pattern Tester Roundup Part 2.
Our Shardee Wrap Top and Dress roadies roundup – Part 2 – is a carry over from yesterdays post – the Shardee Wrap Top and Dress Pattern Tester Roundup Part 1.
The Shardee offers an inclusive multi size range – along with cup size choices – and plenty of styling options.
Fabulous fit, fabulous styling equates to a fabulous YOU.
The Shardee exudes effortless appeal with its flowy wrap silhouette and is the PERFECT top or dress for your transeasonal wardrobe.
So please my friends I would love you to give a massive CHEER for all of the amazing Shardee makes and a bigger CHEER for all of the amazing roadies – my diamonds . xx
Our roadies would like to share the following with you all :
2. Your choice of option for the Shardee and why ?
3. What fabric did you choose and where did you purchase ?
4. What sewing tips can you share when sewing the Shardee?
5. What was your favourite thing about making the Shardee?
6. Have you worn your Shardee yet and what compliments did you receive.
7. And have you made any more versions of the Shardee – or have any plans too ?
(AU/UK) 6 – 30
(US) 2 – 26
(EU) 34 – 58
Cup Sizes – B, C, D, DD
On Sale for a limited time only – $9.50(US)
Very Confident Advanced Beginner and Above Sewing level
Shardee Wrap Top and Dress
Hi my name is Sonia and I live in SW Missouri in the USA.
I love wearing dresses in summer so chose the flattering cap sleeve and opted for the tea length, making this the perfect elegant dress option for those not too hot days.
I do love the collar and 3/4 sleeve so will need to make another for autumn!
The Shardee dress comes together perfectly, just make sure you have ample space when you set of for the volume of fabric for the skirt!
And as always with a knit and this gorgeous neckline use your steam setting to keep things tidy.
And maybe even better is that after and entire day of wearing the neckline did not shift once!!!!!!
I love wearing my Shardee dress and hope do do another sew soon.
The dress simply makes me feel gorgeous and at the same time as it stays put is 100% functional!
I made my Shardee with the cute little collar, a nice 3/4 sleeve with cuff and at knee length.
This way my dress is wonderfully elegant and feminine with a touch more. The wide skirt swings girlishly around my legs, which I love.
My husband is a fan of the beautiful cleavage, and I wear a lace bra for a sexy effect.
I bought the fabric at the market at Shanitex.
I have already chosen a fabric for my next Shardee: that will be a short version with cap sleeves, great for summer!
Do you want to see more of Girls in Uniform?
Follow us at www.girlsinuniformblog.com and
I like true wrap around dresses. I made mine from an hombre colored fabric.
I did grade the pattern down from the skirt, other than that, it was perfect on me.
I do plan on sewing up the top version in the near future.
I enjoyed twirling around in my dress just couldn’t get it video taped, lol. Awesome dress, love it.
Head over to my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jose.vernooy
I chose the make the top version of the Shardee, as I had a vision of wearing this style with my jeans.
I used a Tricot for this sew that I purchased from Driessenstoffen.nl
I’ve had so many compliments when I wear my Shardee and I have a dress planned to make for summer.
I made 2 of the Shardees because I got so many compliments with my first, a second was just required.
For both of them I chose the knee length version, one with sleeve cuff and one with simple elbow sleeves.
I used a DBP from Joann’s and a textured poly knit from a local shop for my second.
I almost didn’t shout out for the Shardee dress because between chasing a 3 year old at home and having incidents with wrap dresses slipping at my desk job I was so over wrap dresses flopping open and constantly checking if I was flashing the rest of the world.
I am happy to report, that after several wears to the zoo, my desk, and the dentist office I have had zero incidents of wardrobe malfunctions. Both my dental hygienist and some random other moms at the zoo wanted to know where I got my dresses and, fighting the urge to twirl, I got to say “I made it!” Also it has pockets.
You can see both of my Shardee dresses at my Instagram https://www.instagram.com/scrapsandscissortails/
I chose the tea length and 3/4 sleeves with cuffs. I used a dbp for fabric as I wanted a little bit of weight and warmth for the cooler weather. My only tip, which you all probably know, is use the correct stabilizer. But really my favorite thing about this dress is how easy it was to make, and have it fit.
This wrap dress is wonderful for those little fluctuations in weight I have from week to week.
I have worn it with some heavy layering underneath and boots and it still looked great.
I am very excited to wear it this spring when I can get the full twirl value outta this beauty.
Feel free to follow me on instagram at https://www.instagram.com/goatislandseamstress/
1. I live in Montreal, Canada
2. My choice: I love knee length twirly dresses!
3. I used a scuba crepe, bought from Libelle Fabric (Canada – https://www.libellesewing.com/)
4. I don’t really have tips, but I think it is important to go slow when attaching the binding / facing for the neckline.
5. I love the wrap top part – this is my favourite type of cleavage-, and the way the skirt is constructed is amazing, the left and right parts overlap so perfectly, no risk of accidental “flashing” whatsoever 🙂
6. I wore the Shardeee to work. My colleagues are aware of my passion for sewing, but they don<t necessarily compliment me every time. For Shardee though, two of them asked me if I can make it for them too!
7. I do have plans for more. My first (and only, so far), is one of my favourite dresses. I can hardly wait for my next, as soon as finish reorganizing my sewing room – I bought a projector a couple of weeks aog: this will allow me to use the projector for my next Shardee, right? 🙂