The Valentina is a stunning and truly elegant mock wrap dress.
Featuring a front draped/tied off-set asymmetrical front tie overlay on the front bodice – along with a pleated front mock wrap in the skirt.
Finish the Valentina off with its bound neckline for a sleek smooth finish – along with a choice of a sleeveless bound armhole or the chic and elegant cross petal sleeve showcasing gorgeous draped pleats on the sleeve head for that extra sophisticated look.
The Valentina Dress offers a choice of 2 lengths:
- 60 cms (23 ¾”)
- 75 cms (29 ¾”)
All of the above styles are completed with:
- Pleated Cross Over Petal Short Sleeves (or).
- Bound Sleeveless Armhole.
- Centre Back Zipper.
- Mock Asymetrical Front Bodice Tie.
- Mock Asymterical Cross Over Pleated Front Skirt.
The construction of the Valentina is recommended for Very Advanced Experienced Beginners and Above sewing level due to:
- Centre Back Invisible Zipper.
- Bound Neckline and Armhole.
- Opportunity to fine tune the fit. A good understanding of fit is essential to ensure your Valentina looks fabulous.
Please use the following only as a suggestion. Depending on your skill level you should choose the appropriate weight fabric.
Light to Medium weight Dress Fabrics with NO-STRETCH that drape and pleat well:
– Crepe and Crepe types
– Silk and Silk types
– Sandwashed Rayon (Cupra Rayon)
– Cotton and Cotton types
PDF PATTERN DETAILS.
After purchase your pattern will be available to download. Ensure that you save your pattern to your computer before printing so you have access to it in the future.
You are purchasing the Valentina Dress PDF Pattern.
- PDF Sewing Instruction Booklet. 30 pages for A4 and US standards.
- PDF Trim Print at Home Pattern – Base Pieces. 59 pages for A4 and US standards.
- PDF Trim Print at Home Pattern – Cup Sizes Front. 76 pages for A4 and US standards. They are Cup Size specific so not all pages are required.
- PDF Trimless Print at Home Pattern – Base Pieces. 53 pages for A4 and US standards.
- PDF Trimless Print at Home Pattern – Cup Sizes Front. 78 pages for A4 and US standards. They are Cup Size specific so not all pages are required.
- PDF A0 Copy Shop. 4 pages in total. Cup Size Specific for the front pattern pieces.
- PDF A0 Projector Compatible. 1 continuous page for Base Pieces and 1 continuous page for Cup Size Specific.
You are able to select one or several different sizes to print and “hide” the sizes you don’t need. Please ensure you check the sizing chart before deciding what sizes to print off.
URL links and clickable page navigation to resources that help you construct the Valentina.
FAQ AND POLICIES.
You are purchasing a digital PDF downloadable product. Due to the nature of this product refunds are not offered.
Please ensure you read the FAQ page before purchase if you are not sure.
Check out our library of ever growing TUTORIALS and make sure you SUBSCRIBE to the newsletter to always get notified on new additions to the learning base.
I would love to see you in your Valentina Dress.
Don’t forget to tag your posts with
#valentina…#valentinadress…. #valentinatiedress… #valentinadrapeddress….. #designerstitch….. @designerstitch
Tina Darby (verified owner) –
I made this dress without any modifications and the fit was awesome. I got a little stuck with the waist pleats and asked for help. My plea was quickly answered and most helpful. The pattern design is very feminine and elegant and i feel its very important to use the correct fabric to get a nice drape. I love the sleeves. The instruction were clear and easy to follow. Will definitely make more of these Valentina’s for my wardrobe!
Sonia Latham (verified owner) –
I love the Valentina dress! It is so classy and on trend. I have made several and each one is so beautiful!